We are looking for a resourceful master researcher able to immediately integrate a young and very active team, in a friendly environment, involved in the installation of a new institution aiming to develop products and services to protect crops against pests and diseases.
This researcher has to have a Master degree in Phytopathology or related fields.
This researcher reports directly to the Director of the Department of Protection of Specific Crops of InnovPlantProtect and has the following responsibility:
• To identify pests and diseases in the field and in the laboratory
• Sample plant, pests and pathogen material from crop fields
• Interact with farmers and field researchers
• Support field, greenhouse and laboratory plant-pathogen interaction assays
• Master degree in Phytopathology or related fields
• Experience in phytopathology and agronomic techniques
• Knowledge on molecular phytopathology and plant physiology is desirable • Fluency in English, spoken and written
InnovPlantProtect is a private non-profit association
InnovPlantProtect aims to create innovation for the protection of crops, seeds and post- harvest products, in particular through:
• Development of new technologies and knowledge, as well as the improvement of previously developed technologies, to protect crops, seeds and post-harvest products, as well as their intellectual protection and availability;
• Development of applied scientific research to introduce the developed technologies in the market, and to develop processes and products;
• Provide technical support to companies and entities, public or private, assisting them in the introduction of biotechnological strategies, methods and processes, and in the orientation and implementation of industrial research and development, directed towards the protection of crops, seeds and post-harvest products;
• Collaboration with public or private institutions, national or foreign in their areas of activity.
The place of work will be the headquarters of InnovPlantProtect, at the INIAV Elvas pole, in the former National Plant Breeding Station (Elvas, Portugal).
Salary and contract
A full-time contract will be offered, starting January 3rd 2022. The contract will last until December 31st 2022, being renewed annually, and with a trial period of 1 month. The contract will be renewed past 2022 depending on further financial support. All the activities to be developed will be subject to confidentiality clauses.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ INNOVPLANTPROTECT CoLAB
Estrada de Gil Vaz, Apartado 72 7351-901 Elvas PORTUGALwww.iplantprotect.pt
p. 1 /2
The gross value of the remuneration will be € 1.544 (14 months – 21.616€/year) and 4,77 for meal allowance.
This contract is co-financed by the European Social Fund and Alentejo 2020, under the Operation: Highly qualified employment in companies – Hiring Highly Qualified Human Resources (PME or CoLAB). Project reference: ALT20-59-2018-49
Where to send the application
To the care of the Chief Executive Officer of InnovPlantProtect Collaborative Lab, Professor Pedro Fevereiro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To apply for this position, the following documents should be sent in a single PDF document:
Curriculum vitae (CV)
Statement of honor on how the data declared in the CV are true.
(If the diploma has not been obtained in a Portuguese Higher Education Institution, the accreditation by the Portuguese state will have to be delivered – Degree and Diploma Recognition | DGES)
This call is open from October 13th to November 3rd , with a decision expected on December 3rd 2021.
General rules of data protection (GDPR)
With the entry into force of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 April 2016, commonly known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and in order to ensure a fair and transparent treatment of the holder of the data, InnovPlantProtect informs that by applying for this position you are authorizing InnovPlantProtect to (1) collect and process your personal data deemed necessary and relevant to this recruitment process, (2) to disclose the results of the evaluation in accordance with the legislation in force.